I don’t know about you but I’m a sucker for the big ole Valentines Day. And sure sure I KNOW some people find this day sappy and gross and if your single well, I won’t even go there! BUT for me, I love celebrating this day! I’m a sucker for sentimental homemade gifts that I’ve put a lot of time and effort into making, and who can pass up all the delicious V day treats you can be baking away in the kitchen. Chocolate brownies anyone? Check out my cute AF gift guide detailing gifts for your guy and gal, and also gift ideas where you don’t have to spend a fortune because hello, I love a good bargain and also making a gift yourself adds a little bit of extra love to it!
Homemade/experience gift ideas
• Homemade hampers – If you’ve got a container, decorative box or a rattan basket lying around at home why not fill it with some of your partners favourite items and go on a little picnic date? Their favourite crackers, chocolate, cheese, lollies and savoury items can be added, pack a picnic rug and voila! A cute handpicked gift which can also turn into a dinner date
• Bake a delicious treat – Pretty sure we can all agree that the way through ANYONES heart is through some form of cooking. Stuck for ideas on what to get someone? Why not whip them up their favourite cake, a batch of yummy cupcakes, some scones or muffins? Decorate with some pink icing and sprinkles and you’ve got yourself a super easy V day gift. Heck, you could even make it from a packet just to save some time and money!
• A jar filled with positive affirmations – I’ve seen this done before and always think what a memorable idea it would be to do for someone. Find a jar or any type of container you like and fill it with little notes detailing how amazing your partner is and what qualities you love about them and get them to pick one out each day and read it. What a positive way for someone to start their day by being able to read about their best qualities from their significant other
• Date night at home – Grab yourselves a big cozy blanket and park up in front of the TV for date night! Another inexpensive way to spend the day! Grab a bag of popcorn, pick out your favourite romantic movie and snuggle up
• Make their favourite meal from scratch – Nothing beats a beautiful home cooked meal. Why not whip your partner up their favourite dish (mines a roast with all the trimmings!) Tell them your going to be “cooking up” something great up for their Valentines Day!
• Become a part of your partners favourite hobby – Whether it be gardening, cooking, dancing, photography, solving crosswords or stargazing, why not spend the day with your loved one learning and getting involved in the hobby that they love probably maybe as much as you! Better yet, why not buy them a gift that can help include you in their day. If your partner loves gardening, why not buy some seeds and gardening gloves and plant something together! They love to cook? Grab all the ingredients of their fav dish and have a date night cook up together!
??? ??? ????
1.Date night scratch off – ASOS
2.USB cup warmer – CITY BEACH
3.Name a star registry – STAR NAME REGISTRY
4.Cooler bag – THE ICONIC
5.Chocolate playstation controller – CHARLOTTE PIPER
6.Kettle bell – KMART
7.Custom vinyl record – BLIM + BLUM
8.Pocket watch – JUSTWOOD
9.His and hers toothbrush set – HAVE YOU MET CHARLIE
10.Sunglasses – SIN eyewear
11.Pjs – TARGET
??? ??? ?????
1.Couple initial plaque – ARLO + CO
2.Marble wine cooler – POTTERY BARN
3.Alphabet necklace – FEATHER + NOISE
4.Speckled pot – TARGET
5.Pyramid jewellery holder – KMART
6.Boho wall hanging – RAJA HOMEWARES
7.Disney socks – COTTON ON
8.Velvet headband – FINDING ALLYSE BOUTIQUE
9.Personalised suitcase – JULY
10.Bath mat – SAGE AND CLARE
11.Market basket – THE YOUNG FOLK COLLECTIVE
12.Woven slides – RUBI SHOES
13.Phone case – SPORTSGIRL
14.Candle – HIDDEN PALACE SHOP
15.Pjs – SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY
16.All you need is love t-shirt – BRANCHE
-Blog is in no way sponsored, all words and suggestions are my own-